Monday 25 November 2013

Cyber Arts: Tech - Bodies of Work Proposal #2

Considering my body of work is all based around the development of a video game and it's surrounding aspects like music and advertisements, as well as it's own casing, the medium that's going to be used it all virtual. Besides the paper that the ads and casing cover is going to be printed on, it will all be produced in software.

Publishing the video game is no problem as using the internet these days is the easiest way to expose it to the world. Seeing as the video game industry is on the rise, a video game would be a great idea for a start to a career. The only thing I need to learn is pricing and sales.

The size of my work is going to be the default size of all video game cases in today's trends, and the ads are going to be standard poster size just like the sizes we used for the amazing inside lakeshore ad.

Based on making decisions and the consequences or rewards they reap, it teaches a small life lesson that no matter how big or small a decision, it will affect your life one way or another, or in this case, the difficulty of the game. At the end of every room, there will be a path split into a fork. In other rooms, the deeds you do in that room will depict what path is available to take. The multimedia technology I'll be using is a game making program I have at home, adobe after effects, and adobe illustrator, as well as a music making program called fruity loops studio.

The message I'm trying to send through my video game is success. No matter what life you live, there will be small and big successes backed by the decisions made to achieve them. The president didn't make it to where he is now by making the wrong ones. And George Bush isn't hated now because he made the right ones. This could also closely relate to a senior's life of making decisions of which way to go: college or university, and what course to take? What school to go to? Are we going to get a job as well? Staying at home or on residence? OSAP? Apprenticeship? We have so many choices and this game is meant to show that no matter what you do, it is achievable hard or easy, but the decisions you make will either aid or hinder your chances as success.

The artistic problems I find I will have during this project is making the game itself. Creating a video game and trying to depict a message through it efficiently is going to be a challenge. Designing the levels and stages are going to be hard and making everything work as it should glitch free is going to be difficult. Also, creating the music is very time consuming as a track can't just be a 30 second clip. There are going to be many different tunes for different parts of the game, or so I hope. The game itself isn't going to be a long one however it's going to have a variety of different media mediums in it to solidify the body of work into one smooth piece.

With intriguing sound effects, unique graphics, and a bold advertisement and casing, the video game will have an overall dynamic feel to it. Implementing my own design style to the game with simplistic yet bold and crisp lines and words or colours will be what makes my game and its surrounding mediums unique.

Since video games are widely played by teens, the target audience is what I intended it to be. Since teens have many decisions to make in such a short time, this game pleases them the most.

The people or groups who have influenced me the most are the big-time game making and designing companies with their amazing design team for both the video game's art and the cover art and ads. They make it capturing and cultivating as I want to do with my video game. Some of the lower end companies make video games with many in-depth meanings to it, which is what I'm aiming to do. The only art style I'll be presenting in my work is my own.

The stages of my work process are as follows:

Rough work (sketches, brainstorming, drawings)
Creation of the case cover
Creation of the ads
Creation of the video game
Creation of the music

No comments:

Post a Comment