Sunday 17 November 2013

Cyber Arts: Tech - Bodies of Work Proposal

Ever since I was a kid I've loved video games. I figured, what would be a more perfect body of work than to design a video game, it's case art, the in-game music, and advertisements for it? Things like flyers or posters all in different mediums. The actual game would be designed by myself as well.

The topic I've wanted to focus on is "Decisions in life and the consequences or rewards they reap." To portray this within a video game would be quite easy and interactive as paths could be made to choose, and one way may raise the difficulty of the current game while the other would make it easier for a simple example.

The actual game would be a platformer like Mario, a 2D game as that's all I have the skill and time to make. It would be simple game to follow and play, for all ages.

The case art would also be quite simple to follow suit of the simplistic art in the video game. Simple but bold and eye-catching.

Ads like posters and flyers could have a catch phrase the character says in the game, or a motto that describes the moral of the game.

I hope the idea of a Video Game being my body of work pleases you!

No comments:

Post a Comment