Monday 4 November 2013

Visual Identity!


Trieu Designs.



My company logo was meant to present a clean, professional outlook on design and processing. As other companies have wild and "rough around the edges" designs, I made the cleanest looking design to present it as something pristine, something professional. With clean lines and an easy to read font, I hoped to draw the attention of many as my logo is bold and has the power to stand out amongst many cluttered or disorganized or hardly legible logos.


The logo consists of a large T that overlies the words. The font is bold, serif, and easy to read as serif fonts are usually professional. The two dashes at the end of the T add a small flare to the logo so it's not so plain and play into the animation of the design shown below.


My original idea was to have the T as the centre piece and to have my full name Tristan Trieu branching from it to the right. It didn't work out so well because I couldn't find a place to put the word "Designs" and the T was too large. So I shrunk it and make it overlay the rest of just my last name, and the word designs and it worked nicely. I then added the small ticks, changed the font to something bold and professional like Rockwell, and then continued to animate it. I then made a coloured version although it is only grayscale. I didn't want colour in my design because usually black or grey represent professionalism like a suit and tie.

Actually designing the logo took some time, but shorter than I thought. I was trying too much with it and when I toned it down to a simpler look, it worked marvellously. I also had trouble making the large T into one shape since it was two different rectangles but was taught to use the "Make Shape" tool to combine to edges into one of the same shape. When I animated it, I had difficulties making everything at a comfortable pace that wasn't too slow or too fast. Also, adding the sound and rendering it took a while to figure out but it turned out to be as simple as checking a small box under rendering options.

To be honest, I am more than happy with the outcome. I didn't expect my logo to look in any way decent but it turned out to attract even my attention. Ms. Silverman helped me a lot with her opinion in changing small things that made the simple concept whole. Thank you! I don't intent to change anything about it and intend to use it for the future if I ever get in the business. Small changes based on what I do will be imperative however the solid idea is wonderful.

I had an idea to have a T like a revolving door and the two words RIEU (the remainder of my last name after T) and the word designs spinning around it as if it's spinning with the large T.

I also had another idea of having a large T again, and having it as a line from where the two words slide out from.

I hope you like my logo and it inspires you to make one just as clean and professional!


No comments:

Post a Comment