Wednesday 6 November 2013

Career Infographic

This is my infographic for the career I want to pursue and the College I want to attend.

The College is Sheridan and the program I want to get into is Game Design, it's a 4-year bachelor's degree. They have two other courses that peek my interest like animation and graphic design but game design is what I really want to do.

The colour scheme of the infographic is very vibrant so everything stands out. I used fluorescent green, yellow, and red on a black backdrop. Also because green is my favourite colour so I added a small personal flare.

I love working and manipulating shapes in different ways to make something graphically pleasing so creating this graphic with a bunch of squares and triangles and many lines was very fun. There are many "cuts" in the shapes to symbolize paths and routes. Even the Sheridan logo has shapes in negative and positive space.

I wanted to list the prerequisites for each course and present a graphic to represent each. The Pixar lamp for Animation and the Apple logo for Graphic Design. Each of the courses have their own respective paths, but the ultimate path leads to game design at the pit of the infographic. I made it the last thing to be read since the other options should be taken into consideration first.

I used footprints and arrows in this graphic to guide the reader in a pleasing way. I made everything very simplistic because that's my style of design, simple and clean, yet crisp and legible. I did add some non-conformity with the loose-written categories of animation and graphic design as well as game design to combine both of the styles and create a unison in my work.

For game design, I re-created a Super Nintendo Controller. If you are a gamer at heart, there is no possible way you shouldn't know this classic controller. It defines video games and the memories with it. And as I've grown up playing video games, it shows my dreams of becoming a game designer, to be able to design the fictional pieces of work I've been playing religiously since I was 2 years old and learned how to hold a controller.

I purposely left a lot of empty space in the infographic so it doesn't seem so cluttered with info and your eyes can travel easily along the page.

I hope my infographic does both its purposes by giving you insight on my career and college choice as well as present it plausibly. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment